The Boveda Humidor Starter Kit comes with everything a cigar smoker needs to prepare a new wood humidor for storing cigars. And your first set of Boveda to mitigate low relative humidity (RH) that affects the flavor, condition and burn of your cigars.
Before you add cigars, you must season a new wood humidor. (Why you’re seasoning your new wood humidor.)
A Boveda 50-Count Humidor Starter Kit (pictured below) contains:
- Two Size 60, 84% RH for Step 1
- Two Size 60, 72% for Step 2
A Boveda 100-Count Humidor Starter Kit (not pictured) contains:
- Four Size 60, 84% RH for Step 1
- Four Size 60, 72% for Step 2
STEP ONE: SEASONING
- Remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda 84% RH: for seasoning. (Why you use Boveda 84% RH to season a humidor.)
- Place all of the unwrapped seasoning packs inside the EMPTY wooden humidor. (Where to store your cigars while you’re seasoning a humidor.)
- Close the lid and DO NOT open the humidor for 14 days—no matter what the hygrometer readings are. (Why seasoning a humidor with Boveda takes 14 days.)
- After 14 days, open the humidor. Remove the seasoning packs and discard them—they aren’t reusable. (Why you can’t reuse Boveda 84% RH after seasoning.)
STEP TWO: MAINTENANCE
- Remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda 72% RH: for maintenance.
- Place all of the unwrapped Boveda 72% RH inside the humidor. For best results, you want Boveda’s water vapor to circulate in and around your cigars. So feel free to place Boveda:
- Now you can move your cigars into your new humidor.
- Congratulations, you’ve made it the 14 days. Time to celebrate and light up a cigar.
Don’t mix RH levels within the same humidor. And do not use Boveda in the same humidor with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.